Thank you to everyone who spread the word and attended our vaccination clinic at Emsworth Baptist Church on Saturday 7th August. We are pleased that we are now able to offer vaccines to 16 and 17 year olds as part of our walk in vaccine clinics so that anyone aged above 16 who needs their first or second dose (there needs to be at least 8 weeks between 1st and 2nd doses) can visit us during a scheduled walk in clinic. Follow our website, Facebook and Twitter pages for more information on upcoming walk in clinics.
As of 28th July, almost 80% of people over the age of 18 have had both Covid vaccinations in our PCN which is fantastic news!
Congratulations to Emsworth Medical Practice in opening the doors to their new practice last month! The culmination of 10 years (maybe more by now!) hard work and determination, with Abu Chinwala and Kate Hope leading the charge in what has been described as a magnificent space, for both the team and the patients. It will make a big difference to be able to host more people on-site again with a more purpose built environment for health care.
Focus on Social Prescribing, Care Coordination and Health Coaching – part of the extended care we are able to offer to our patient communities as part of our PCN.
Social Prescribing – what is involved?
• Exploring whole family issues
• Connecting to Advice (Benefits/Housing/Legal)
• Addressing Social Isolation by building connections
• Introducing and accompanying to community activities
• Creating community activities where none exist – eg mums walking group/local history photography project
• Connecting to lower level mental health support (Italk/Mind)
• Employment support
• Practical support – home cleaning/ shopping/food parcels/medicines/ energy meter/heating replacement
•Connecting to specialist support Sexual assault/Homelessness
Care Coordination – what is involved?
• Personalised Care & Support Planning
• Lead on Adult Social Care, Learning Disability & Safeguarding/MARM
• OT & adaptations
• Specific condition support – eg cancer
• Carers Support
• Dementia Support
• Mental Health Services navigation (secondary/higher tier)
• Care Homes/Care at Home/Meals on Wheels/Befriending (as part of Care package) • End of Life services/Hospice/ POA/Mental Capacity
• Hospital Discharge
• Substance misuse
• Advice services (benefits/housing as part of a person’s care needs)
• Initiate MDT
Health and Wellbeing Coaching
• A process that helps people gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to become active participants in their care so that they can reach their self-determined health and wellbeing goals
• It raises the individuals awareness of unhealthy behaviours and increases the personal responsibility for health and wellbeing
• It supports the person to change their relationship to a problem or challenge
• It breaks down goals into small steps and examines barriers that get in the way
• It is delivered in a set of 6 initial sessions, with “homework” so the person must be ready to commit (not suitable while they are acutely ill or chaotic home situation)
Care Coordinators are based in the Practices and the Health and Wellbeing Coaches and Social Prescribers have their separate referral forms.
Now that Emsworth and Hayling have physical spaces for Health Coaching and Social Prescribing staff to work from, we look forward to seeing you more in person!